This palette from Jotun’s 2018 collection includes colours such as the pale grey Bare; the rich brown Norwegian Wood; and warm beige Raw Canvas – “inspired by Copenhagen and London, Brooklyn and Berlin – all pockets of modernity, brimming with creative culture” and epitomises cool, clean lines balanced with softness and warmth. Where industrial meets comfort.
Kährs Oak Granite is the perfect combination of both. The cool cement-grey stain on this smoked oak floor allows the warmer tones of the wood to seep through, resulting in a beautifully rustic expression. Each board is carefully brushed to bring out the character of the grain and highlight the natural texture of the timber. The matt lacquer finish eliminates glare while protecting the wood from daily wear.
Kährs Oak Granite 3-strip is currently available in stock in Dubai. Visit our showroom in Sidra Tower or contact us on tel. +971 4 369 55 69 for more information.
We are feeling inspired by interiors with an earthy palette of golden straw balanced off with dramatic stone greys and airy whites. This combination of hues, especially when in contrasting textures, creates a depth that reflects an understated, minimalistic luxe that we love.
Our new Floor of the Month, Kährs Oak Vinga, has a beautiful pale grey hue with natural warm undertones – resulting in a temperate expression. Occasional saw marks accentuate the floor’s restored appearance. Each board is meticulously hand-scraped and carefully brushed to bring out the character of the grain and highlight the natural texture of the timber.
This is a guest blogpost by Caroline Modig on how to care for your wooden flooring and get that timeless finish!
Anyone can vouch for the fact that hardwood flooring is one of the most beautiful design investments that can be made. Its timelessness not only reflects the owner’s impeccable sense of style but also adds character to the space. The colour of the wood, the richness of grain and the exclusivity of it all makes it an alluring flooring option. While classing up the look of a room, wooden flooring can be easily cleaned and a little extra love and care will keep them looking new for a long time to come! So, to keep your wooden flooring protected at all times, especially from damages long-term wear and tear, you must:
• Vacuum lightly or sweep your floor daily with a soft-bristled broom to prevent build-up of dirt, dust and other particles that may scratch the wood’s surface. You can even use a dry microfiber mop to remove the grime that accumulates between the floorboards.
• Try to limit the exposure to direct sunlight by using protective window coverings/blinds to ensure your wooden flooring ages evenly. You can also try and rearrange your furniture periodically to avoid uneven ageing.
• Ensure you get the floors cleaned by a professional or by using a specialised hardwood floor cleaner. The frequency of this activity depends on the kind of traffic and wear and tear the floor goes through. You can even supplement that by adding a maintenance coat every few years or go old school by using the sand and refinish method whenever necessary.
• Prevent moisture damage using a dehumidifier. Moisture damage is common in wooden flooring, but that doesn’t mean damage due to liquid spills (which you must ensure gets cleaned up immediately), but rather damage due to the climatic moisture changes.
In addition to the regular maintenance tips mentioned above, keep the following guidelines in mind to ensure your wood floors look timeless!
• Avoid using use vinyl or tile cleaning products on hardwood flooring.
• Do not use a wet-mop or steam mop to clean wooden flooring as the water can dull the finish and damage the wood.
• Use throw rugs at doorways to help prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching the floor.
• If your wooden floor starts looking dull, try buffing instead of waxing it with acrylic waxes to avoid the flooring from becoming slippery.
• Do not over-wax a wood floor. If a wax floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
• Be selective about the footwear used on wooden flooring. Shoes such as high heels and sports cleats can scratch the surface of the wood and even leave dents on the surface. Pro Tip – Do not wear slippers or footwear while cleaning your flooring as the dirt particles can get trapped under your footwear causing additional scratches.
• Consider investing in an area rug! It prevents wear and tear as well as scratches and scuff marks in high traffic areas. You can choose the area rug to accent the look you want to achieve depending on the style and finish of the wood you’ve chosen.
Image credit: www.arthide.co
Pro Tip – The material of the rug can also impact the qualities of the wood, so choose a rug made from natural fibers to avoid damage due to contact of synthetic materials. There are a variety of hand-woven designs to choose from. You can even opt for a luxurious cowhide rug which is both natural and hypoallergenic making it a perfect addition to your natural wood flooring. Take a look at some beautiful floor-rug pairings and get inspired!
• Colour Contrast – Pick a rug that is a complete contrast to the flooring, this will make the rug the focal point of the room will pulling attention to your beautiful hardwood flooring.
• Match the floor – You can even match the rug to your flooring for a beautiful design accent that adds to the overall appeal of the room, while ensuring the floors remain the focal point of the room.
• Tie it in with the upholstery – Match the rug to your upholstery instead of your flooring and add a unique touch to the place while tying in the rug with the desired look.
• Secondary colours – Many hardwood floors have multiple colours in through their grain, you can choose to match the rug with the secondary colour to create a beautiful blend of textures and colours.
Caroline Modig works at Art Hide and oversees their marketing and promotional efforts. Her passion for interior design and the knowledge she gained over the years allows her to find time from her busy schedule to write informative blogs about interior trends, popular styling tips and everything related. When she isn’t working or writing, you can find her relaxing to some contemporary jazz while solving puzzles.
Here’s a sneak peek from this morning’s photoshoot at our client’s villa in Nadd Al Hamar (Dubai), where we have installed our classic 3-strip Kährs Oak Siena wood flooring throughout the entire home. We’re very excited to show you the finished photos!
The villa has been fully refurbished by the homeowner, who himself is an architect. The villa has a large influx of natural light, thanks to the large windows, open spaces and use of bright colours, light-reflecting materials and neutral furniture.
Stay tuned for all the pictures coming to our portfolio soon.
The newly refurbished Ranches Restaurant in Arabian Ranches Golf Club has a fresh and light conceptdesigned by Kristina Zanic Design Consultants, featuring our Kährs Oak AB Herringbone wood flooring and complemented with friendly and gracious service – giving club members an unforgettable culinary and atmospheric experience day in and day out.
Click here to view all images of the Ranches Restaurant.
Absolute love for the beautiful Yvonne Koné store in Copenhagen, Denmark ?
Yvonne Koné’s store is so perfectly clean and elegant. We love the contrast of the suave minty blue/grey/teal coloured walls; the rustic grey-washed wood floor and the exotic green banana leaf tree, making an inspirational and unexpected space.
To get the look, we suggest opting for our Ydre wood floor by Kährs Småland Collection. With its grey-brown nuances reminiscent of frost salt and seaweed, the handscraped, flowing surface follows the structure giving each board a worn feeling.
Images via Seventeen Doors
We love seeing our Kährs Oak Tide wood flooring inside the beautiful House Of Bazaar by Harper’s Bazaar Arabia! ?
Set under the Mall of the Emirates’ spectacular glass atrium in the Central Galleria, the stunning House of Bazaar features four different rooms and themes, essentially bringing Harper’s Bazaar diverse publications to life. The house is divided into four rooms and themes: The Wellness Retreat featuring a talk and samplings by the lovely foodie-expert Dalia Dogmoch Soubra; The Boudoir demonstrating the latest in beauty trends by Chanel Beauty’s official make-up artist Toni Malt; The Closet showcasing the latest in luxury fashion by brand consultant Rosemin Manji; The Gallery exhibiting original artworks by LA-based Iranian artist Amir H. Fallah; and of course The Garden, where all the fashionistas of Dubai mingle, enjoy live music and await their turn to tour the house.
We are especially impressed with the beautiful interiors of the almost dollhouse-like house, including all the furniture by Marina Home Interiors, beautiful wallpapers and of course our very own Kährs wood flooring. Amazing styling work by Tory Waller and congratulations to the entire Harper’s Bazaar team for a successful second edition of House of Bazaar! ??