We’re in Stockholm visiting Kährs at the @sthlmfurnfair! This year’s focus is lots of sleek monochrome tones and the introduction of their new Luxury Tiles range.
Find Kährs booth in Hall A, number A19:20.
With the summer heat slowly subsiding, a new season is upon us. One that promises cooler temperatures and warmer, cosier interiors. We’re currently seeing a lot of retro-inspired spaces with muted tones such as organic reds, bronze browns and cumin yellows as accents to an otherwise neutral palette. Where keywords are natural, minimalist and tranquil.
We recommend combining these warm hues with a light wood floor such as Oak Nouveau Blonde by Kährs Classic Nouveau Collection to keep it feeling fresh and modern. One of the biggest trends this season is clearly a harmonious home.
We are currently loving the combination of warm burnt yellows, caramel-orange and rich brown tones; juxtaposed with the coolness of light greys and crisp whites for an fresh autumn mood.
Our Floor of the Month for November Kährs Oak Siena FSC® is a classic 3-strip wood floor in natural FSC-certified oak, that ranges from brown butter highlights to caramel lowlights for a classic expression.
We are feeling inspired by interiors with an earthy palette of golden straw balanced off with dramatic stone greys and airy whites. This combination of hues, especially when in contrasting textures, creates a depth that reflects an understated, minimalistic luxe that we love.
Our new Floor of the Month, Kährs Oak Vinga, has a beautiful pale grey hue with natural warm undertones – resulting in a temperate expression. Occasional saw marks accentuate the floor’s restored appearance. Each board is meticulously hand-scraped and carefully brushed to bring out the character of the grain and highlight the natural texture of the timber.
This apartment in the sustainable Hammarby Sjöstad in Stockholm features very bright, light-filled interiors and elegant luxurious textures in wood, marble, velvet and brass.
The Kährs Oak Limestone wood floor enhances the natural light in the apartment with its whisper-white finish and clean and even expression. Each board is carefully brushed to bring out the character of the grain and highlight the natural texture of the timber. The matt lacquer finish eliminates glare while protecting the wood from daily wear.
Images via Fantastic Frank
This is a guest blogpost by Caroline Modig on how to care for your wooden flooring and get that timeless finish!
Anyone can vouch for the fact that hardwood flooring is one of the most beautiful design investments that can be made. Its timelessness not only reflects the owner’s impeccable sense of style but also adds character to the space. The colour of the wood, the richness of grain and the exclusivity of it all makes it an alluring flooring option. While classing up the look of a room, wooden flooring can be easily cleaned and a little extra love and care will keep them looking new for a long time to come! So, to keep your wooden flooring protected at all times, especially from damages long-term wear and tear, you must:
• Vacuum lightly or sweep your floor daily with a soft-bristled broom to prevent build-up of dirt, dust and other particles that may scratch the wood’s surface. You can even use a dry microfiber mop to remove the grime that accumulates between the floorboards.
• Try to limit the exposure to direct sunlight by using protective window coverings/blinds to ensure your wooden flooring ages evenly. You can also try and rearrange your furniture periodically to avoid uneven ageing.
• Ensure you get the floors cleaned by a professional or by using a specialised hardwood floor cleaner. The frequency of this activity depends on the kind of traffic and wear and tear the floor goes through. You can even supplement that by adding a maintenance coat every few years or go old school by using the sand and refinish method whenever necessary.
• Prevent moisture damage using a dehumidifier. Moisture damage is common in wooden flooring, but that doesn’t mean damage due to liquid spills (which you must ensure gets cleaned up immediately), but rather damage due to the climatic moisture changes.
In addition to the regular maintenance tips mentioned above, keep the following guidelines in mind to ensure your wood floors look timeless!
• Avoid using use vinyl or tile cleaning products on hardwood flooring.
• Do not use a wet-mop or steam mop to clean wooden flooring as the water can dull the finish and damage the wood.
• Use throw rugs at doorways to help prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching the floor.
• If your wooden floor starts looking dull, try buffing instead of waxing it with acrylic waxes to avoid the flooring from becoming slippery.
• Do not over-wax a wood floor. If a wax floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
• Be selective about the footwear used on wooden flooring. Shoes such as high heels and sports cleats can scratch the surface of the wood and even leave dents on the surface. Pro Tip – Do not wear slippers or footwear while cleaning your flooring as the dirt particles can get trapped under your footwear causing additional scratches.
• Consider investing in an area rug! It prevents wear and tear as well as scratches and scuff marks in high traffic areas. You can choose the area rug to accent the look you want to achieve depending on the style and finish of the wood you’ve chosen.
Image credit: www.arthide.co
Pro Tip – The material of the rug can also impact the qualities of the wood, so choose a rug made from natural fibers to avoid damage due to contact of synthetic materials. There are a variety of hand-woven designs to choose from. You can even opt for a luxurious cowhide rug which is both natural and hypoallergenic making it a perfect addition to your natural wood flooring. Take a look at some beautiful floor-rug pairings and get inspired!
• Colour Contrast – Pick a rug that is a complete contrast to the flooring, this will make the rug the focal point of the room will pulling attention to your beautiful hardwood flooring.
• Match the floor – You can even match the rug to your flooring for a beautiful design accent that adds to the overall appeal of the room, while ensuring the floors remain the focal point of the room.
• Tie it in with the upholstery – Match the rug to your upholstery instead of your flooring and add a unique touch to the place while tying in the rug with the desired look.
• Secondary colours – Many hardwood floors have multiple colours in through their grain, you can choose to match the rug with the secondary colour to create a beautiful blend of textures and colours.
Caroline Modig works at Art Hide and oversees their marketing and promotional efforts. Her passion for interior design and the knowledge she gained over the years allows her to find time from her busy schedule to write informative blogs about interior trends, popular styling tips and everything related. When she isn’t working or writing, you can find her relaxing to some contemporary jazz while solving puzzles.
Inspired by the colours of a wintery landscape, we are loving the combination of suave cream-white tones with wintery green accents. Try layering different textures and materials in similar tones, as well as the occasional brass detail, creating an understated boho-elegance. Low maintenance leafy green plants and other rustic materials in wood, concrete and linen will add a natural touch to your space. Creating harmony in the contrasts.
Kährs Pale is our Floor of the Month for January. It is the perfect base for a light, nordic style interior with its semi transparent white stain with balanced contrast that allows the warm oak nuances to shine through.
This classic apartment in Stockholm, Sweden has a perfect minimalist and elegant look with its glass partition/herringbone oak wood floor combination.
We are still loving the glass partitions! They are the perfect solution for defining spaces yet keeping an airy and bright feeling throughout the interiors.
Via Fantastic Frank
We welcome December with open arms- it’s our favourite time of the year! A truly festive month filled with joyful events, gatherings and celebrations. With the weather cooling right down, we are entering the most pleasant season in Dubai.
Inspired by the rich tone of our current Floor of the Month – Kährs Oak Lava – we are opting for more dark yet scaled back, neutral and minimalist decor for the festive season this year, inspired by the deep dark Swedish forests.
We are loving all combinations of earthy tones including brown, black, grey and green in natural materials such as wood, jute, linen, cotton and wool – enhanced by scents of spruce, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla.
This 29 sqm studio apartment in central Gothenburg is perfectly designed to maximise the use of space and define different areas within the miniature home. With a generous ceiling height, the owner has decorated vertically, creating storage space along the high walls and leaving the space feeling uncluttered and airy despite its small size.
Having a silvery-white wood floor, like our 3-strip Kährs Oak Limestone, and maintaining a monochrome and light decor and wall colours further enhances a sense of airiness and creates a calm atmosphere. We also love the genius build of the loft bed and the clear distinction of the kitchenette with the dark grey colour.
Images via Stadshem